- 1 Amp 7805 5 Volt voltage regulator
- FTDI USB to serial converter
- USB A jack
- 2.1 mm power jack - 7.5 to 12 V DC
- Battery input - 7.0 to 12 V DC
- MCU: Atmel ATmega644P
- 16 MHz crystal oscillator
- Total flash memory: 65536 bytes (64 KiB)
- Available flash memory: 63488 bytes (62 KiB)
- SRAM: 4096 bytes (4 KiB)
- EEPROM: 2048 bytes (2 KiB)
- 2 Hardware serial ports
- 1 Hardware I2C port
- 8 Analog to digital inputs
- 6 Hardware PWM pins
- Electronics education
- Computer programming education
- Rapid prototyping
- Tangible media
- Interactive art
Wiring is an open source electronics prototyping platform with it's own Wiring language, built upon Processing.
Wiring is more than hardware and software. The documentation was thoughtfully created with designers and artists in mind.
As an established electronics medium for art and design, Wiring enables designers, artists, and electronics enthusiasts explore the electronic arts, tangible media, electronics and computer programming education, and prototyping with electronics.
The Wiring S Board, along with the Wiring development environment, can be used to develop stand-alone interactive objects or can be connected to software on your computer (e.g. Flash, Processing, Isadora, VVVV, MaxMSP, Pd, C++, Java, Openframeworks, and many more) via USB. The open-source development environment can be downloaded for free (currently for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux).
The board comes fully assembled, tested, and pre-loaded with the Wiring serial bootloader.
Note: headers not included