rMP3 Playback Module
- Arduino™ board compatible
- Easy to use memory card interface
- Supports MMC/SD/SDHC/SDXC
- MP3 playback control via serial or parallel interface
- 2400 bps to 460800 bps
- 5 volt operation
- Low power - less than 60mA @ 5V during playback - less than 30mA @ 5V idle
- Small module footprint (2.7" x 2.1") with mounting holes
- FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 compatible - 8MB to 2TB
- Read and write data files with simultaneous audio playback
- Easily interfaced with any microcontroller (PIC, AVR, 8051, etc.)
- Chipset available (TQFP44 + LQFP48) RoHS compliant.
- Kiosk Audio Playback
- Portable MP3 player
- Replace error-prone CD players in
- Phone systems
- Amusement attractions
- Commercial ambient audio systems
- Music, speech and data storage for robotics
- ... and much more!
- More Examples
The rMP3 module allows designers to integrate high quality MP3/PCM/WAV/IMA ADPCM playback into designs with an easy to use TTL serial protocol.
Sound files such as voice prompts, sound effects, and music can be played using the rMP3. MP3 playback is CBR (Constant Bit Rate) up to 48 KHz at 192 Kbps, or VBR (Variable Bit Rate) up to 48 KHz at 320 Kbps (peak). MP3 files are stored on SD or MMC cards, in a format readable by your PC. PCM (WAV) files and IMA ADPCM files can also be played.
In addition to playing audio files, you can use the rMP3 for your data access applications as well. The rMP3 can create files and store data to MMC and SD cards which can be removed, and read with any standard MMC/SD card reader on a PC. The rMP3 will read SD or MMC cards in either FAT16 or FAT32 formats in any size commercially available (8MB to 2TB).
Each module has a 1/8" stereo headphone jack for headsets (16 Ohms+) or for line-in connections. The rMP3 also has a multi-function 10-pin connector that allows direct operation of the module using simple logic triggers.
The firmware on the rMP3 can be updated through a bootloader, so you can take advantage of any new features or fixes that may become available for the rMP3.
SD/MMC card not included.
Female header sockets not included.